View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
The Tim Wallach site is really interesting and he is up over 15,000 cards already. I think he could continue collecting them all for years and not affect the market.

It also made me wonder how many Wallach cards Tim Carroll has cut up for his art. I'm sure 99% of people are all for thinning out the 1980-90's card population, while making art out of them, but the Wallach collector would likely shed a tear or two thinking about cut up cards

http://timwallach.blogspot.com/

As for the original poster, I know from personal experience that it's best not to talk about a player collection for a tough card, it only drives up the price. I think he would be better off just waiting them out instead of offering big money at this point. It's definitely costing him more than it should. If he's not in a rush, enjoy the hunt.
I probably cut a few when I first started, but I have been placing the Wallachs aside for the Wallach guy for the last 4-5 years. I'm probably up to about 200-250 cards in the stack, and I'll send them out once feel like I have run across all I have. I like reading about off-beaten projects like this, regardless of how impossible they are.

I'm actually surprised there are not more collectors like the OP going after as many copies of a single card of a family member, etc. With so many players making the majors and only having 1-2 cards, I would think family hoarders would be more prevalent. I know there were a couple of guys in the early 2000's going after every 2002 Prince Fielder UD Prospect Premieres Autographs, and there was one collector trying to land every copy of a specific Mark Teixeira serial numbered rookie. I believe that guy had over 100 of the 750 copies printed, and that was over a decade ago. I wonder if he kept going, and if so...what % of the population does he now own?

Tim

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart