View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM
T0dd M@rcum

I'll go into how I build my set in more depth in a couple years, but here are the keys:

1) I bought my first T206 in the early 70s from Card Collector's Company. It was a Snodgrass batting.

2) I bought a little over 100 t206s for $100 in the early 80s. it included minor hall of famers and a few southern leaguers. Average condition was fair.

3) I started working on a set of hall of famers which happened to land me with a lot of T206s...including Johnson, Brown, Matty x 2.

4) I owned a shop in the early 90s. Had no intention of building a set, but worked on it some. Picked up a nice red cobb then.

5) About three years ago, I started working on a mini-monster, with the intent of getting one pose of each player represented. I was probably around 250 at the time.

6) Got into it and decided what the heck. Marc Delpercio was a very good traded. I got a couple of the variations and just decided to go for the 518.

7) a large deal...the only card I really, really regret parting with in this process (T206 AB Gandil that was a beauty) with Ted Z got a large number of the remainder knocked off...it was one of those trades that was good for both parties...

8) A trade with Chris Buckler for a trimmed Demmitt made me decide to go for the 520.

9) Stayed focused. Other than my Marshall University stuff, I have not bought much besides T206s on my want list for the past two years.I have two sets "on deck" but I think I will be working on my T206s for life.

Pretty much gets me to where I am...