View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 AM
nels0n aud.et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
O'hara St. L. There are a couple of us looking for one and I know if I just pull the trigger I can buy one (there are a couple albeit overpriced ones on ebay). It's all part of the ride...I expect i'll pick one up by the national.

My set is a general mess with lots of "cards with character." My first goal is to get the spaces filled and then start upgrading with an eventual goal of having a set in good-vg condition. I see it as a lifetime thing, an adventure to enjoy and I hope to enjoy the upgrading process as much as I have enjoyed the building process.

The things I have most enjoyed collecting are friends. I would have probably never met Ted Z, Mac Webber, Marc Delpercio and many others were it not for this process.

This weekend, I plan to spend a couple of hours with my son going through the set, making sure I didn't miss a common somewhere (in a set this size it happens) and making a list of my hideous two dozen, the most immediate and profound beaters.
Verry interesting !

How long it take to build your set ?

It is verry nice to meet other collector ! it will not happen to me i live in canada so no baseball card show here in canada.