Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Graig Kreindler

No hiatus for me, Jason! No rest for the wicked! Or those who paint!!

I'm still working on that large Mazeroski painting, and am hoping to have a ton of it done by the end of the weekend, so I'll post it then.

For now, I've done more work to Grover. He's not done yet, but he's getting somewhat close. I have a lot of edges to soften and sharpen, and flesh out a bit more on his uniform. But, I like where it's going thus far!!

I also have these two other portraits that have about an hour or so into them (as I'm sure you can tell).

And, I started another commission on the queue, though it only has a few hours into it as well. The image is really unstoppable, if you ask me. That Paul Thompson was some kind of photographer. I hope I can do his vision some sort of justice in the end, or at least, give the impression of what he saw in color before he pushed the shutter...

As per usual, please excuse the crummy photography. The only one that seems even remotely true to life is the Grover Cleveland. Both Grove and Thorpe are blown out. Ruth's hat and socks are definitely NOT that blue in my painting. Man, I need a new camera. or some skills.

In addition to all of this, I have some more commissions I'm hoping to start this weekend as well, but most of those canvases need to be stretched first (a Herculean task in its own right)!

Thanks for taking an interest!

Graig