View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
Same. There was always a sign about "winning" A Ken griffey rookie inside etc. No one ever won lol. Always had the white cardboard kind of like the holo sticker machines too
Agreed.

This is one of the holographic sticker dispensers from the mid-late 80's. They still have them at my supermarket near the entrance, although they are now .75 cents or a dollar. The price itself says that it was created to be used fairly recently as 50 cents for a single card as a gamble would be 90's on, that would have been a steep price for a kid in the 80's that could have got several packs of cards for that.

This is most likely a repurposed one from a card shop that created the fantasy piece header and had one card in each cardboard folder for customers to gamble on.

I would not guess it was too valuable due to the amount of them around and still in use, maybe 75 to a 100 to someone that really wants one?

You can get those sleeves on amazon if you wanted to get it running for fun -
https://www.amazon.com/EMPTY-Cardboa.../dp/B00DHQ1X9G

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-21-2017 at 07:42 AM.