View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowadoc77 View Post
This is why I have gotten rid of almost all of my new and shiny cards. SO volatile. SO much done on emotion. This weeks $10,000 bowman chrome rookie may not sell for 10% of that in a short time based on many factors, especially if someone else is getting hot. It's absolutely crazy.
But Judge is fun to watch.
I actually loved watching Bour swing out of his shoes launching bombs into right field. He was having a good time and putting on a derby clinic!
I agree with what you say about the derby and watching Judge.

It's just worth adding that one could say all collector choices are made on emotion. At least all my purchases are.

In terms of the volatility of modern, well of course when the player is active, especially before there is a long body of work, performance extremes will create price extremes. That's just par for the course with modern.

As someone who only collected PreWar and vintage, I find the thrill of rooting for a live player I collect to be something quite rewarding and fun— and it's a rush that only modern cards can provide. It coexists well with the other collecting pursuits.

Last edited by MattyC; 07-12-2017 at 09:08 PM.