View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Kev1n @1les

I was at the HR Derby (and ASG as well). With the heavy hispanic/latin influence Miami was a great place for the festivities. What they did with the Latin American members of the HOF with the first pitch was very nice.

Seeing the HR derby live was pretty cool. It was a different experience than what I have seen on TV as it is easy to tell at the crack of the bat if it is going out. Judge had a few that hit high on the pane glass/back wall. I was a bit bummed that it wasn't Stanton vs Judge in the end, but Sanchez did very well to beat Stanton and Giancarlo had a very slow start.

The AS game was tough to watch. Not a ton of action, a lot of substitutions, relievers. I was ready to go about 4 innings in, but stayed for the entire thing. When it went to Extra's I was dreading it a bit, but Cano did us a favor and ended it quickly. I had an early Tee Time yesterday morning, so it had been a long day after a very long night the night before - so maybe it wasn't as boring as I had actually felt - but more than half of the stadium had cleared out by the 7th inning - not sure if that was clear on TV.

I did hear that Topps was using fabric from Judge's socks at the derby to create some cards - and they were looking to go in the $1500 range. Just insane - I cannot fathom that anyone would desire that or be willing to pay for it - but then again some look at my collection and can't believe that I would spend my hard money on it...

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set

Last edited by kailes2872; 07-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.