View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVAJOY91 View Post
The only time I heard from many members who commented on my post is when I went it alone and believed what I purchase was what I was told.
If you bought the Jackson, Walker and Rusie photos, paying for them as if those people were in them, then I can understand your frustration. I can't imagine buying any photo like any of those, without first id'ing the questionable players, much less three of them, and certainly not without knowing what I was doing, which you admittedly didn't/don't. That would be like me jumping into the baseball card hobby by purchasing cards of star players in sets that are known to have reprints, or starting off my autograph collecting with a Babe Ruth baseball. It's just not very bright.

Also, you apparently aren't understanding how tired some members get of seeing these types of photos on the forum, that clearly have only a minimal chance of being what the poster claims they are. It is a tired enough thing that, as I mentioned previously, I now generally just close the thread without commenting. The only reason your Jackson photo got my attention, was that now you've to Huggins and Scott auctioning your stuff. That's a hugely negative thing for our hobby, so yes, now you have our attention, whereas before you did not.