View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Michael calv.ello

Default 1909 World Champion Pirates Reply to Thread

Scott, Ithrough i was. When I started to post my newly purchased items BACK IN JULY, I asked for help in identifying the items and what the value is in today's market. Many members looked at my posts and left little comments. I did get comments as to how i could buy items without knowing what they were and of it's value. I explained that i have been in this hobby since 1989 and that I collected 1950's memorabilia. I just started to dab in late 1800's - early 1900's collectables. I asked for help but all i got was members complaining about my to many postings and how i could buy items i had no idea of what it was and of it's value. Well, I had no idea and I asked for help. The only time I heard from many members who commented on my post is when I went it alone and believed what I purchase was what I was told. I wanted to work with the members. That's why I joined. The way I was beat up over a photo I previously asked for info on two month prior, was unfair. It felt like a gang attack and I bowed out gracefully and did the right thing. I listened to the members and pulled the item. I just wished the members would have listened to me back in July when I asked for help.

Last edited by EVAJOY91; 09-17-2014 at 08:52 PM.