View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default Sports Collectors Digest

Posted By: DJ

Bob,

I appreciate your response.

I find it hard to believe that in a world full of periodicals (there must 200 different magazines at my super market alone), that one day, there will not be one magazine dedicated to sports memorabilia...but what, like six magazines dedicated to exotic pets and log cabins? How are Stamp and Coin magazines doing it?

Everyone on the VBC Forum has expressed their disappointment at the magazine (which I'm sure we all loved at one point) and their reasons for turning their backs on it. These are all valid points that have in most cases been expressed for many years directly to the staff that simply ignored any of these concerns. I'm sure everyone here misses sitting on a chair on a Saturday and spending all day getting cruel newsprint off their fingers. But you can multiply frustration and you have a cluster of collectors who are now not even willing to pluck down a half of a dollar a week for the "Voice Of The Hobby"?

One of the major concerns mentioned was of "one company", but as publisher of the periodical during the 1990's, weren't you responsible for allowing them to advertise within the pages of the magazine?

Where was Dan A.'s nose at the time?

DJ