View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I always have a great time at the show. This year was no different. I love to dig through the mass--you never know what will turn up. I picked up about 80 HOFers from the four major sports for my mainstream postwar collection in crispy pack fresh condition for about $2-$3 each. The best of them was a 1976 Ryan that is better than my 7.5. If you are not looking at 9-10 level slabs there are really great cards available on the cheap.

On the less cheap I also picked up a 1934 Goudey Ruth premium, a 1954 NY Journal American Jackie Robinson, and a 1958 Bell Koufax. Plus a nice Wheaties series 1 Hartnett, a 1955 Topps Spahn, and I finished my 1971 Topps Supers set.

The socializing was its usual highlight of the week. Met and hung out with too many to name. Special kudos to Al at LOTG for hosting my boxing show cases. I sold all my books (thanks Justin for buying one) but few cards.

At the airport on Sunday on returning home the security guy xrayed my bag and asked "baseball cards?" I said "how did you know?" and he said they've been getting a lot of them today.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-01-2017 at 09:09 PM.