View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Hey Jason.....I got up to around 160 a couple months ago after 2 and half years. The T206 Oakes was the first Pre-War card I ever bought. I consider "The Monster" as the "gateway drug" to Pre-War collecting. As the years went on, I started realizing that type collecting was more interesting to me than set building. So, a couple months ago, I sent a bunch of my T206's off to Sterling and sold a bunch here on the BST. For now, I'm going to keep my HOFers with "rarer" backs and all my Pirates. I'm also going to keep one of each back to attempt to but together a back run for my type collection.

I probably still have at least 50 left that I want to sell including common back HOFers and SLers. I kind of look at them as a savings account that I can tap into if I need to finance a purchase for my Type Collection. I still buy a T206 every now and then, for example, when I see a Tolstoi/EPDG/AB HOFer but I do not buy commons anymore.

I don't regret trying to build the set since it is what got me hooked on Pre-War and I don't regret selling most of them off since I was able to then buy cards that I currently find more interesting. Who knows what I'll be into two years from now. But the good thing about T206's is that there's plenty available if you want to start building "The Monster" again.

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***