View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 11:29 AM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosseFieldBoy View Post
Am I out of line?
Sounds more like a "Saco-Mierda" to me. I hate that nickel & dime crap .. and no, I don't think you're out of line at all. In addition to buyers premium and shipping (how much was the shipping BTW?) This is one of those "push the envelope a bit further" items and pad our profit which amounts to little more than fleecing IMO. I will not bid or consign to those who put in incentives for their buying customers to leave with a bad taste and not to bid. Even if they can find some small-print in their terms & conditions that notes this, will that satisfy you? Make you want to bid again in one of their auctions? Tell others what a great experience you had? Or list them amongst the worst AHs when the next blog on that subject comes around.

I know it's easier to factor the add'l costs into bidding and bid accordingly - probably better advice than an emotional rant over a few bucks .. but it's the principle that eats at me. The "we can do it and tough $hit if you don't like it" sentiment it leaves you with. There are choices - more AHs than I could even count or remember - many of them are fair, open and upfront. No "cell-phone bill surprises" when you get your invoice. I'd rather do business with them.

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 07-22-2017 at 11:33 AM.