View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:51 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Hi Derek! Welcome to the board. And congrats on rediscovering the hobby that you can enjoy with your kids and father. It's a great way to connect. Collecting can be anything you want it to be. Every era from pre-war, post-war and modern offer excellent choices. It's great your kids like the modern cards because that allows them to connect with the current players. I imaging they will become more interested in older eras as they get older and more interested in the history of baseball.

Ebay is a great place to search sold auctions to find the values of cards you're interested in buying. Unfortunately the Internet has killed off the majority of shows. At least here in my area they have. There's only a handful of good shows for me to attend so most of my purchases are made online via eBay, net54 BST or auctions. Beckett does have a "show" section on their website. You can go there and look up what shows are in your local area. A small show would be a good starting place for you guys to get your feet wet while you are getting back up to speed in the hobby.

Keep your boys interested because they are the future of our great hobby. Modern cards can be overwhelming with the different variations, color refractors and auto'd cards. But, if that is what they get excited about, then keep them going.

Welcome back Derek. Take your time, find your groove and enjoy the special moments you will have with your kids and father while enjoying this fun hobby They will be great!

Dean

Last edited by DeanH3; 10-09-2018 at 04:53 PM.