View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Shappe error

Posted By: Dave F

Well, I owned this card at one time. I am pretty confident that $3000-$4000 is not out of left field on this variation. When I listed it orginally on the B/S/T I did recieve a cash offer in that range...plus a couple different trade offers which amounted to about that amount.

When I sold the card, the buyer preffered that it be in an SGC holder...which was fine. To me, it may make a bit of a difference if it were in a PSA holder...the original cash offer I received was based on if I would get the card in a PSA holder.

But yes...my belief is that there are buyers for this card in this range easily. Just my own two cents..but there are more crazy T206 collectors invovled with PSA than SGC...many more there that like to show they carry a big stick....so my assumption would be it may be easier to sell that way. But, the card is a solid SGC 40....and it has an EPDG back which I haven't seen any other Shappe variation with that back.

So to conclude, Rob is a good guy and will move this card at some point for the price he is asking. It may be on the B/S/T where someone realizes what this is...or ebay..or an auction house.

Edited to add: If it were me...I'd wait a few weeks, even a couple months as of now..then stick it on ebay at 99 cents..but with a reserve as to what I'd take bottom line for it. My own experience I've had better success listing at 99 cents and getting people interested from the start (that way some of them get competitive by the end of the auction) then I have when listing for a higher starting bid. But again, that's just me and by no means am I an expert