View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 10:03 AM
J@son.K

I know it's probably extremely redundant for some of the experts on here to keep repeating why they think some sigs are forgeries, but it would definitely help out some of us who are not that keen on spotting the fakes. I've seen a ton of samples on this site that were labeled "bad" but they actually looked good to me. I trust the regulars' opinions on here, but would like to know why some are bad. Mantle, DiMaggio, Ted Williams....these are some that I have a tough time trying to decipher the good from the bad. The Mantle banana "M"s were mentioned many times, but I think his real "M"s kind of looked like bananas anyways.

Even though it may be a hassle to always repeat, it would definitely help some of us and it's a good thing to pass on your knowledge so that we can continue to discard the bad crap that's out there.

For example, why is the Williams in this post so bad? Personally, I did think it was a bit too neat/perfect, and written too linear...but can somebody point out the obvious aspects that make it forged?