View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymc View Post
Not a fan of slabbing a card, I feel third party grading is one of the negative aspects of the hobby, but I do understand why if you are a dealer. Most people today when they look at a card they don't see the beauty of it, the design, the color, the font, the paper that it was printed on and most of all the player. Their eyes go right to the grade, they might even comment they don't like the label. My cards are my serenity, I like to touch them, label them, rearrange them and most of all historically talk about them. I sometime wait years for certain cards to come up in auction and pay the price whatever it is. I feel the passion of the hunt and find it thrilling.
Not a fan of grading....
Gary... I agree with your comments wholeheartedly... and when cards were less expensive decades ago I used to buy never ever intending to sell any of them!! But those days are long gone and these days it makes much more sense to have cards graded if you ever intend to transfer them onward!

These days my best cards are mostly graded and all the rest are in binders for me to touch smell feel and enjoy !

Last edited by ullmandds; 02-10-2019 at 07:14 PM.