View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default GOODWIN CHAMPIONS trademark ? .....plus, show us your N162 cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Ted and the rest of the board,

The Dunlap "Detroit" is a fantasy card I made (photoshopped). I can remember the old SCD checklist (BB card checklist bible of sorts) indicating both the "Detroit" and "Pittsburg" versions of the card and the guide indicated that the "Pitt" card was the more expensive of the two (which to me meant the scarcer of the two variations). I looked high and low for that damn card and could never find a Detroit version. The conclusion was that one did not exist and the SCD guide had a mistake (yeah, that happens). I finally got a wild hair up my rear and decided to make the card and see if anybody had any comments on it if I put it in the BST.... not a comment. Joe G joined in the fun and we waited for something.... nada...

When I saw this thread I thought it would be fun to throw it in there just to see if anybody had any comments. I figured it would be in the main thread and get more visibility. It would have been really funny if someone else photoshopped one and posted the picture because I would have crapped my pants and tried to get the card, but I know better, it just doesn't exist.....

I was going to let this ride for a few days but I have too much respect for the old timers on this board that have been collecting for a long time.

Ted, my apologies if it disrupted your thread. I just wanted to have a little fun.

What a Superbowl game.... no TDs for more than three quarters... a few interesting records.... longest punt (incredible bounce) and least points scored by a team in the Superbowl. Great Bud Light commercials with the corn syrup!

Just curious, not to highjack the thread, how much do people think a Detroit Dunlap N162 would be worth if only 3 or 4 were known to exist? I'd pay dearly for one.

Fred

Although, I was convinced (years ago) that the Detroit version did not exist, you had me wondering all day today.

Apologies not necessary.....you brought some excitement to this forum.

Anyhow, what would it be worth you ask ? In today's crazy market the sky is the limit

Take care,

TED Z

T206 Reference