View Single Post
Old 06-20-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch'EmAll View Post
Morale is low. Uh, ok, to some degree. Depends on which boat you're sitting. Did you buy pre-pandemic, during pandemic, recently post-pandemic. Did you buy top tier pre-war HOFers, did you buy post war vintage, did you buy modern. All depends on what you bought and when.

But whatever you did in the past, too late to change, water under the bridge.

Now the big question is what do you do from this day forward? What is your budget. What cards do you prefer. What cards do you honestly think have good chance increasing in value - short term and/or long term.

Yes, I can see if you were unlucky with past purchases, your morale is probably low. But there are some people who were lucky where the morale is still quite good.

Fortunately, I guess us dinosaurs here on Net54 have a nice stash from years ago. Morale is decent. Got lucky I guess.

Quite honestly if this is the boat you're in then you haven't been collecting for very long. The majority of us are LONG time collectors used to a hobby with an average uptick in prices that has gone out of whack entirely over the last three years.

Every card in my collection has appreciated 4,5 6 or 10 times over but the problem is that the same is true for everything I want to buy.

That's why people are low on the hobby. You're talking about investments while most of us are just trying to collect.