View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Ed McCollum

Default This is what makes Network 54 great ...

I’m posting this in both the June Pick-Ups thread, and the Positive Experiences on net 54 thread, because it applies to both.

Apparently, back on July 23, 2008, I sent an email to Sean (milkit1) asking a question about the back of several cards he had listed on the B/S/T section. He replied less an ten minutes later that none of the cards had the stamp on the back I was looking for.

Fast forward three years, ten months and 26 days, I get another reply on the same email from Sean, saying he had found a card with Howe’s stamp on it if I was still interested. Two days later, #207 in the rebuilt collection arrives in my office.

Photobucket

I think, or hope, that this is what Network 54 is all about. It’s a bunch of adults who all admire little pieces of cardboard with men in short pants and spiked shoes pictured. It shouldn’t be about “how much is this worth?” or “someone told me this, but now someone else says ...”. Its about passion, and sometimes, you find someone who shares your passion, or at least someone who helps you with a fix when your habit needs it.

That said, I’d like to thank Chuck, Frank, Art, Paul S., Martin, Judson, Barry, Cy, Danny, Mark, Brian W., Coach Jeff, Jim M., Tom, Matt, Tony S., James M., Darren, Jim S., Leon, Mike, Andy, Joe D., Mac, Joey, Bob, Quan, Andy, Paul M., Gary, Pete, Thomas S., Greg, Patrick, Frank A., Mike H., Dr. Ed, Brendan, John S., Peter F, Turner, Sean, Trae, Josh, Joe, Erick, Al, Daniel, Matt, Dave, Bobby, Mark, Iggy, Jim R., Pete Z., Tim, Darrin, Dave, David, Jeff and anyone else I’ve accidentally left off the list of Network 54 board members who have sold me cards or pointed me in the direction of cards. Thanks to you all. You’re all what makes the board the positive place that it is.