View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Cory

I’m all for giving everyone a fair chance based on their own actions. Now with that said, based on this new auction house that wants to develop Long-term relationships.....why not grade the higher valued cards before the auction? I have not seen a reasonable reply to this question. Does ANYONE want to consign with this auction house who is not tying to maximize the value of the cards the auction?

If the cards of meaningful value are professionally graded thier provenance is less pronounced. Without answering why they aren’t graded, it appears the main reason is not a long-term relationship (which will not work without consignors) but rather a quick auction or two to help out their folks monetize the inventory for them since they do not have a venue to do it themselves. This is the easiest and quickest way to do it even if some money is left on the table. Getting them graded is more work and since they are just helping their folks out, no need to do that extra work that All the reputable AHs would do. That just makes sense to help their folks out since they aren’t able to themselves now.

I’m thrilled if I’m wrong, but that just seems like logical motivation to me.

Cory Weiser