Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
One thing about the 74 million is those people are coming for the games for not only the games but also for the whole atmosphere of being at the game. There is so much going on now at a ballpark that the game is just part of the whole experience.

And if you look at the attendance figures back in the day when there was very little "flair" you will see most of these teams barely made 1 million fans.

I remember the Joe Horn cell phone game on ESPN and through it was hilarious. Look, the NFL has the nickname of the "No Fun League".

I know many of you hate to hear this -- and as someone who is old school in many ways -- there is trepidation in writing this -- but we need to accept the train has passed and these sports need to get more modern and with the times. And if you want baseball to get back in popular young culture to where it was, then accept the modern era. That's the way we'll get the kids back.

Regards
Rich

Baseball is trying to get more modern every year. I recently heard that players can send instagram pictures of themselves while playing aka on deck while taking swings. It's sad that to keep up with the changing times baseball has to force its players to lose focus on the game itself and cater to the 8 year olds who already have 3 ipads and 5 cell phones

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's