View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Default Questions for Doug Allen

Posted By: Joann

I agree with Jay M that these questions should be posed to all of the major and mid-major auction houses. When I first saw Jim's original questions, I thought about posting that the questions should be sent to the houses who can respond via email to Leon, who could then post responses. I'm kind of kicking myself for not suggesting that.

I think it would be great if these questions were sent to the other auction houses for response. We, as buyers, could get aa sense of where each house stands on these issues. It would also keep Mastro from having to bear the negative comments alone, and for only having been forthright in responding to questions. That seems a little unfair.

Unfortunately, now that this thread has expanded to its current scope, I'm not sure the other places would be as willing to answer honestly. They have the benefit of seeing the hobby response to certain answers and issues, and it's hard to imagine they would jump in at this point.

It would have been nice to somehow have everyone answer in their own way, without seeing other answers, and then post responses simultaneously. Shoot.

Joann