View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Default Thoughts on paying for an item with 0 feedback seller

Posted By: leon

Since this seller is obviously not on our board and this is a fairly high dollar transaction I thought I would post their response (email form) to my question a few days ago. I asked them if they could explain a little more about how they got the card. I also said that as a 0 feedback seller I did have a little bit of a concern, since there are definitely some ebayers with issues.....I said it all in a very non-confrontational way......also, since there is no real personal info in this message I hope it is ok to make a private email public....I know I have spoken against this recently but I do feel this is a little different circumstance....so here is their repsonse...dated 1/12/03 at 10:42..

This card has been in my grand mothers family for over a hundred year .I found it digging in some old tins in the attic.in that tin there where a bunch of old photo albums but this card was laying on the bottom. The photo albums where old they where pictures of the man who homesteaded my grand mas house in 1883.my mother was going to throw away this card because she thought he was in prison.but i told her it looked like an old baseball card .I took a picture of it and sent it to a few places on the internet and they kind of told me what it was that to them it was worth about 500-700$ .
so i thought i would just try ebay and put the reserve at 500$. thanks.