Thread: Spousal Support
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Arnie

My wife understands that collecting cards is my big passion. However, we are moving from a house into a condo, and no more display room thats all collectibles. Now i had to get rid of 90% of my display items, and the very few items left will be in the office.

She has no problem with a few pieces scattered around, but really has no problem with albums sitting in a bookcase, so my cards are not a problem.

Now then, she does have a problem with the amount of money spent on cards!! Thank God she has no idea what cards are worth, i used to tell her what i spent, now the cards come in and i stay quiet or just say, "more cheap cards came in today". Or i try to sneak the "yellow envelopes" as she calls them, into the house. The worst is when the postman has to knock on the door to get a signature, then she knows its something expensive!!

I will give her credit though, on every birthday or other occassion, we work out a deal whereby i pick out a card i want and buy it and then she pays for it and thats my gift from her, and sometimes its an expensive card that goes for a few occassions.

Overall, she is rational, and while i wish she was a collector too, how many of us can have a collector wife???

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 05-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.