View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Default 1914 Cracker Jack set

Posted By: Scott Elkins

The Harris set is of the PLENTIFUL T206 variety with MANY high grade examples of T206's out there! These 1914 CJ's (ESPECIALLY the 14's) are NOT plentiful in ANY condition, much less anything above EX or EX/MT! I have to agree with Greg - this set together is worth at LEAST 1.5 Million Dollars! Sold Seperately, who knows - definitely should fetch over $2 Million! Just look at the last 1914 CJ Matty that Lipset sold for over $17k, PLUS 10% - AND that cards was DEFINITELY a 1 by either of the three top grading companies (GAI, SGC or PSA).

AGAIN, we are not talking about plentiful tobacco cards here - these are the 1914's that most people of the time had to complete one at a time out of boxes of Cracker Jack with that caramel staining the cards! I think most people are use to seeing those high grade tobacco cards that are ALWAYS available. NOT until you start collecting caramels on a regular basis, do you realize how really RARE these things are in EX or better, MUCH LESS GEM MINT!!!

I will go out on a limb and say that the Matty is worth at LEAST $100k. I KNOW if I had $100k to spend, I WOULD buy it at that price and NOT THINK TWICE!!!!!!! Also, my reasoning for the Jackson being worth $500k is that his CJ cards are always popular in ANY condition, let alone GEM MINT!!!