View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetBuilder View Post
99% of all Ali signatures for sale are fake. Not only is his signature easy to forge, but he had Parkinson's. I would avoid all Ali signatures. Every single one of them unless you have a letter that it came from Ali himself or his family. Find something else to do with your money. Fund a business. Help a charity.
I don't understand such a blanket statement.

Ali signed tons, there's probably an argument for his signature being the most widely available of any high profile celebrity/athlete ever (I'm not including the Bob Fellers of the world here). Authentic examples of his signature are easy to obtain if you really want one.

Yes, Parkinson's distorted his autograph to where it became quite jagged instead of the free flowing autograph that he had previously. Nonetheless, other than really late examples (I believe he stopped signing in the late 2000s) these are still autographs that can be authenticated. Those late 2000s autographs are also ones that were signed in the presence of companies like PSA and Online Authentics and come with proper documentation - authentic. His pre-90s autographs? Even easier to authenticate!

Saying something like you should avoid all autographs of one of the most celebrated human beings of all time just seems naive.

I like the pamphlet in the OP (which is probably the item that Ali signed the most of and you can buy for <$100 easily) but would like to see a better photo.