View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Default Scp

I had a sour auction experience from SCP. Mind you, it was more than 15 years ago, and by now I have gotten over it, but thought I would share. I won an auction of approximately 100 T206 cards in middle grade from them, and when I received them was very pleased with their fresh, spanking white borders. I only needed about half for my collection, so I sent a bunch of them to Teletrade (remember them?) shortly after, and then shortly after that took the remainder of the extras to a card show (remember them?) to sell. A dealer (in fact a board member) almost instantly spotted them to be fishy...he believed them to have been bleached. He suggested that I show them to SCP, who happenned to be at the show, but I instantly got snubbed as trying to pull something over them, if I thought they were bad why didn't I have the whole group, etc. I got nowhere until this other dealer interceded on my behalf and confronted them about the spurious nature of the cards. I spent another month wrangling, and finally was able to come to an agreement to send back the remaining cards still in my possession for a refund amount that I thought was in their favor, but by then I just wanted things to be resolved.

Not that this helps, but it does reflect on perhaps a long-standing customer service issue with this company.

Brian