Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
Yeah lets turn baseball into the NBA and get some music and lights going between pitches! Maybe even get the Lakers Girls to become Dodgers Girls and work the foul lines. Baseball is fine the way it is.. why does everything need to be recreated? There is plenty of fire and emotion in the game. The NBA stinks, I think the NFL stinks and is boring. Leave baseball alone, why mess with tradition.
Agreed.

"Flashy" just means "craving attention" and in this era of social media, that's what everybody is all about. Sitting on the bench because you're not good enough to start? No problem, develop a dance routine for when the guys who are playing score, that will get you some attention.

I want to watch a baseball game. I don't care about the shopping mall / amusement park attached to the stadium, I don't care about all the crap about the "marketing" of individuals or of the sport itself, if you don't don't think baseball is "exciting enough", if you think a three hour game is "boring", good, go to a football game, enjoy all the hoopla "squeezed" into the three hours that it takes to play a game a game that has a clock that runs for four 15 minute quarters.