View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Was Cobb beating up a crippled fan a myth? That's the one I hear over and over and is enough (personally) for me to condem a man. Plus, reading through the original article, the author mentions 3-4 other incidents of violence. Seems like Cobb should've spent most of his playing years behind bars..
This story was actually covered in the audio version of TGOTT as well. Cobb was defended (I state defended in the lightest possible terms) by the player on the audio version....which I think was Davey Jones. According to Jones, Cobb was hounded incessantly by this fan, game after game. The audio version doesn't state specifically what was mentioned in the various taunts - but other sources indicate the taunts were quite cruel. Cobb went into the stands and beat up him up - some time during the course of which Cobb found out he was severely handicapped.

I am not defending Cobb and by any means. Certainly on every level his actions were repugnant - but most portray the incident as if Cobb knew beforehand that the fan was handicapped. This is the way the story was portrayed in several bio's.

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 04-25-2016 at 09:04 PM.