View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Joey D's In Da House!

Default Contribute to this wonderful thread

Have really enjoyed reading all the great posts in this thread, and a huge kudos to TedZ for all you do to keep the eye candy and knowledge flowing (equally fun from this collector's perspective).

I collected cards (and comics) as a kid but never reached the echelon of T-cards. I quit and sold them when I was 18, wanting money for college-related fun (what a stupid move!). Anyhow, fast forward 15 years and I got back into comic books agressively. Put together the #1 registry set for Superman #1-423, among some other prized possessions. Then, more recently, I caught the card bug again and went straight to the T-206 set as I always wanted any and every card from the set, but especially the Toronto players (hometown as a kid)

And here we are today, where my quest continues....have a set of 522 but working on a fully PSA graded set in 4+. I think I'm 27th or 28th on the registry, but still filling in some holes, too. I know that the registry is not everyone's bag, I just enjoy the hunt and competition, I suppose. I am dumbfounded by the registry's top set, with an average grade of 8....pretty darn close to the highest grade extant on every card!

My goal is to ultimately upgrade to a set of PSA 6-7 (but will probably remain a set of 522....we'll see).

The variety of T206 is wonderful. The different leagues and from two countries, the backs, the poses, and so many epic players who have legacies that will withstand the test of time!

I know this is a lame post without pictures ("PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!") but I promise I'm working on them! Trying to create some group shots of the set, and might have to start posting while holes still remain in the set. But I also don't want to use up too much bandwidth on this tremendous thread with multiples, so I figured better to wait!

Finally, to all our veterans - Thank you for your service!

Please keep all the information coming!

Best
Joey