View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:13 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Hi Carl, just a few things

You are asking primarily vintage guys about modern!

The modern day Juice crew of Bonds and Clemens was probably a good pick up a few years back, now that have actually have a chance of making the hall, prices have picked up. Bonds tiffany, and clemens 84f in particular

Be diligent in looking for a card, and be ready to pounce on a good deal. That being said try not to make your one big purchase...in January!

You could definitely get an iconic card, be it in rough shape, for 2k. However, most of these would be a blue chip investment, and would go up over time, but wouldn't have any wild swings. Aside from a handful of cards, and some outlying sales in the last 20 years, these have remained stable. The would be a solid investment, but would probably only keep up with the rate of inflation which is still better than a savings account!

I would think that a 2009 card for 2k doesn't not have much upside. That being said the same people said this about Pujols and now I believe it has gone through the roof. I would say if you are looking for investment potential, try one of the lesser tier rookies, new generation. The guys from Blowout seem to harp on Goldschmidt as being undervalued. Although if he tanks, the card might be worthless, there is more upside potential that Trout who is on everyone's radar, and certainly won't take 2k to get something number maybe 1/1.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors