View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 11:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I was just watching the grandmasters moderating the match do an analysis of the position. In almost every line, Magnus had a winning game. Yet he decided to offer Fabiano a draw, when Fabiano was in very bad time pressure (which of course makes it harder to find a successful defense). None of them understood why he did not press on to victory.

When Carlsen was shown all his winning lines in the post game analysis, he apparently responded "I don't care." A great mystery to me.
His analysis obviously was that, even with an advantage in the game, his chances of winning were greater in a tiebreaker. Risk averse. Not like a true champion. If he were a boxer he'd be content to win on points. I lost a lot of respect for him. I hope somehow Caruana can speed up his play and win.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-26-2018 at 11:52 AM.