View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:18 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Hey folks....reprising my case for the "12 factor" in the T206 structure

I'll start off by saying I don't know how many cards there were to a row or a sheet. But the idea that I might be able to figure it out does motivate me.

So what I do is look for clues that might help tell the story. Do subsets that are multiples of 6 or 12 mean that the row size was 12? Maybe. What about those that are multiples of 17? Is that the magic number? Maybe. Could both be right? Maybe. Could neither be right? Maybe.

Numbers are only one part of the answer, because there is no way to know if cards were evenly distributed in sheets. It's easy to say that this card is a short print or that card is a double print to make nearly any number fit.

The Lash's Bitters cards are very intriguing. They, along with the Piedmont 460 overprint scraps give insight into cards that were actually adjacent (directly or indirectly). Unfortunately, there are still many missing pieces of the puzzle. I'm still working on the horizontal pieces to make sure they fit.

So, I will end as I started. I have no idea the sheet composition or size. I won't say anyone is right or anyone is wrong. I will certainly make hypotheses along the way that are wrong. I'm no expert. If someone else presents a theory, I will ask questions... And hopefully learn something. But I know that I will continue to look for clues. Hopefully we can work together as a community to figure this out.

Last edited by t206hound; 08-27-2014 at 07:38 AM.