View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
The amount and type of restoration is relevant to judgment and valuation. Not all restoration (in amount and type) is viewed the same. In fact, if a card (or anything) is too restored, it may not be considered an original, or entirely original, item.

It just says that the AUTH grade is one indicator and doesn't, and doesn't proport, to say everything. Should an AUTH grade say more-- such as the type and amount of restoration or alteration, or why it wasn't graded? That's an argument. On the other hand, the AUTH grade simply says the card is authentic-- and in fact some unaltered cards do get that grade.

Yes, non-altered stuff can get an "A". If I hadn't checked the "don't slab as "A" " choice this one would have. The cuts top and bottom are very rough, so many collectors who aren't up on details would assume trimming.

I think they missed the boat on this one, they printed the flip, why not slab with it as miscut enough to not get a number?

I really like how they include the note if it won't grade and they're not slabbing it as an A.