View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Default The Find that Never Was....

Posted By: peter ullman

I was in my early twenties in 1992-93...living with my parents after college in MD. The internet was young and I used to frequent a vintage bb card classified/Q&A site. Someone posted an ad asking for info on honus wagner/ty cobb cards. I responded and agreed to meet a gentleman in Freehold, NJ.

We met at a macDonalds and there were 2 guys...one younger and an elderly gentleman whose friend had passed away and left him a tobacco box of cards. There were lots of non-sports tobacco...I remember a pirate back oriental character card. 10-15 e90-1's. And he had 2 complete e94 sets...minus one john mcgraw. We laid them all out on the table...in macdonalds...they were definitely loved...probably g-vg...I remember the cobbs were real nice. I wasn't terribly knowledgeable about vintage cards back then and I had to use my price guide to identify them. I offered to help him sell the cards in exchange for the e90-1's...as previously stated...e94's weren't terribly popular back then and I didn't want them. I never heard from them again. I should have bought them all!!!!!!!!