View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Be.n C0z1n

Football cards one major advantage working in their favor. People who like to collect sets can put together football sets from the 50's and 60's without killing themselves. I was chipping away at the early 70's baseball sets, and I woke up one day and was like "what the he$$ am I doing" I'm still 60-70 cards away and I've been working on these for what seems like forever. You can pick up a lot of commons and semi-stars from say the 1968 topps football set for like 100 bucks and then you're like "wow, I need like another 30-40 cards for the set, this is doable." Truthfully it just doesn't make financial sense to peace together vintage baseball sets. Younger generations will never have the patience, baseball is already becoming about the star cards, and that will continue in my opinion. Even though vintage football is out there, its not as common as baseball. Football continues to grow in popularity, while baseball has become a suburban sport ( granted those are the people who generally collect cards in the first place ).