View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
A new in house payment processing system will certainly help ebay with sellers obtaining their new customers contact info. However, over half of my transactions as a seller are with existing customers, so, if I chose to do so, I would be able to contact all but my "new" customers once this new system is in place.

Also, many sellers already send out their "off-ebay" contact info with each order they mail out....they advertise their contact info and/or their off-ebay (fee free) site as well as encourage off-ebay contact for better pricing than can be offered on ebay. This will always be impossible for ebay to police.

I think the main reason that ebay is doing this is for the fees that they will soon collect....for many years, paypal greatly lifted eBay's profit, so now they want a slice of that profit again without the paypal overhead. The 30 cent transaction fee that is charged on each payment is 100% profit on each payment received. I received almost 1000 payments last month, $300 straight profit for paypal.
Probably gross profit . All anyone ever has to do to answer any question about a for-profit business decision is to say "money." They most often call it something else. It's America.