View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real or fake? View Post
Probstein123 sells more memorabillia than any one seller on ebay. Many collectors know this and look out for his auctions. Also each auction brings attention to his other items. I have bought from his auctions multiple times and watch them frequently and I don't notice a crazy increase in the prices he gets. He also works on small percentages; meaning he takes a small percentage of the sale price as a consignment fee, so shilling wouldn't help him that much. Do you have any evidence that this happens, or are you making random accusations?
If you do a search for probstein on this site, you will eventually come to an absolute clusterf*** of a thread that went into some fairly sordid detail as I recall regarding some fairly damning evidence on the card side. I don't think that the accusation is that he himself is doing the shilling, but rather is fairly knowledgeable that it is happening and is doing nothing at all about it.

I don't really have a dog in the fight. I give him a lot of credit for the business that he has built.

Tom C