View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
I think it's deleted out of respect to the purchaser. If he were to later flip or sell the item, he might not want it on the record (or want others to know how much he paid).
Not saying whether it's right or wrong... But I believe that's the primary reason for doing so.
Quote:
+1 exactly why I do it. It isn't anyone's business what someone else pays for a card.
Maybe not, but it does not seem to me such an invasion of privacy to know what was asked for the card, it being left uncertain whether it sold for that price. And if someone is direct enough to simply post "I'll take it" at a listed price rather than pm or otherwise handle it more discreetly, then it seems to me they're not all that concerned about confidentiality.

I too like to know what was asked,especially with items I do not widely follow. I recognize it may not have actually sold at that price, but I can be pretty sure it did not sell for more.

I only delete the asking price if requested to do so by the buyer (which has never happened). I do not believe any implied courtesy, custom or presumption requires otherwise. My two cents.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 08-13-2015 at 10:07 PM.