View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default Problem with SGC Holder

First of all, I want to say that I like the guys at SGC. They are good graders and do their job very well.

Now I've been having an issue recently with that black insert they put inside their holders. I noticed that sometimes in can cause damage to the edges of the card. This occurs on the back edges. If you put the graded card under a light, then you'll see the edge standing up. Even worse, it might get a tiny crease in it.

I recently got a 1948 Leaf XXXX graded by SGC. It's a nice card, but the back edge has damage caused by that black insert. I'm pretty ticked off about it. A few months before that, I got a few SGC modern cards in the mail, and again, same issue. Because these were cheap cards and I have no intention of selling them, I cracked them out and just pressed the edges down with my fingernail to put it back into place (it took a couple of seconds). The 48' Leaf card, however, is not cheap and I don't want to do the same thing with it. Furthermore, I see a tiny crease on the back edge (caused by the black insert inside the case).

Has this ever happened to anyone else here before? I know some of you here must have some very expensive cards in SGC holders. If so, what did you do about it?

Thanks

R@njodh

Last edited by samosa4u; 04-15-2019 at 12:40 PM.