Thread: My pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
This works both ways, I hate when a seller lets my offer sit for the whole 48 hours.

I made an offer a couple weeks back on an item, I was trying to take advantage of 8% eBay Bucks and asked the seller if he could please respond within 24 hours when the 8% expired, I rescinded the offer when I didn't hear from him and he sent me a nasty message, which I forwarded to eBay.
I've had that happen. Hell I offered 95% of the BIN price and asked if he could possibly ship that day. Told him I needed it by a certain day which gave him an extra day's leeway. Never got a reply at all. Later sent a message asking if I offended him or if he just chose to ignore my offer. He ignored that message too.

Personally, I prefer to end any potential transaction in a positive way because you never know when you may want to deal with that person again, whether here or on Ebay. I've had a few good deals with people on here and a few where the deal just did not happen because we were too far apart. I hope they left the deal okay with me even though I didn't meet their price or vice versa. Every situation is different. It's not personal, so I don't see the problem with at least a final message saying "No, thanks", if nothing else.