View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:06 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I can't speak for Julie or Lew, but I have been collecting as an adult for nearly that long and have always felt that taking out creases was unacceptable and I believe most of the people I have known feel the same way.
If you read the thread that John linked in post #94, Dick Towelle thanked the 15 new Net54 members that used his service. I infer new as to mean there were other previous Net54 members that have used his service as well. Spooning out a crease was acceptable by most 32 years ago, it's acceptable by most today. Here's the problem. With social media/message boards, everyone wants to brag how moral and upstanding they are to make themselves look good, so most won't admit to it. That's why I said your poll wouldn't have honest results.

Heck, here's a thread where Dan McKee admits to spooning out creases. It's a very interesting read. Oh, and wait for it...the most overused Net54 term..."Dan's a good guy." Sure, it says so in post #29. It's right there in black and white, you can read it for yourself. My point is that it happens a lot, most people just don't admit it. At least Dan admitted it...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=Green+cobb

Dick Towelle got banned for removing creases.