View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage

I’d like to set the record straight regarding the settlement period for Heritage. The settlement checks for Heritage consignors mail out 45 days from the close of the auction. That is, and always has been, the term of our consignment agreements.

It sounds great to say people have to pay fast so in turn consignors get paid fast but consignors get a lot for the wait. Giving buyers a longer time to pay, and more options to pay, often encourages them to spend a little more. In addition to standard payment methods, Heritage accepts payments by eCheck, credit cards (up to $2,500) and PayPal (up to $2,500). We also offer extended payment terms for qualified buyers. While the hobby’s widest options for payment do have the effect of a slightly longer settlement period, we have always found that consignors believe the benefits of these terms outweigh the wait. Consignors also have the option to set up a wire transfer directly to their bank account on settlement day.

We realize that some smaller auction firms do advertise shorter settlement periods, but we have always considered the financial return of our consignors to be the most important factor to take into consideration. In addition, many of our consignors take solace in the fact that I am told Heritage has never been late on a auction settlement date in our 40+ year history.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to email me.

Peter