View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 11:55 AM

Bill, I am relieved you don't actually hate me, but I do realize the sheer cost is enormous. You simply must read on his website what Doak actually does with his films that he purchases before he puts a given title on the market. I think you will be impressed and convinced that he does not offer any junk. He's very proud of what he does and rightly so.

The official World Series films, the films that were produced by a team sponsor and shown at civic groups, and other kinds of public relations venues, and the documentaries of various sports stars are staggering. One I have not purchased is an actual TV broadcast of Happy Felton's Knothole Gang, a Brooklyn-area kids show that was aired prior to a Dodgers game. Happy would have a Dodger player as a guest, and I vaguely recall that on one of the few episodes Doak offers the guest is Jackie Robinson. These are black 'n white kinescopes, so it's far removed from HD, but pretty much the same quality as what a little guy would see on his black 'n white TV back in 1955. I give this as an example, not that I know whether you're a Dodger fan, but to convey that Doak Ewing offers things that no one does. He comes up with some Dueseys. Let's just say, other than maybe the World Series films, you shan't find these at Wal-Mart.

As you have already come to know, these films complement our sports card collecting.

Cheers, bro. Have a swell day. ---Brian Powell