View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I do not collect graded cards and don't even pay much attention to that side of the hobby, but can someone show me another card with a bottom edge like that with half rounded corners that did not get an Authentic grade?
I have a few, none in TPG holders I'm pretty sure, but I'm very confident all of them would grade if I bothered. This Phelps has a lower right corner that's similar. The diamond cut makes it look like less of a sharp transition from edge to corner than it actually is. And I'm positive it's not trimmed.

It's not in a holder because well, it's obviously a solid G grade. And a holder won't change that or make it clearer to someone.

I'd want to see the Plank in hand before I'd be willing to committ to trimmed/not trimmed. I do however have a problem with the Plank getting a 70. Based on the grades the cards I've sent in have recieved. I think 50, maybe 60 on a good day.

The Cobb - I had a bit of a look just now at the scan, and using my less than totally scientific method (Holding a straightedge up to the flat monitor) That top left corner isn't anywhere near as bad as it looks. While it looks truly awful the difference between the corner and the rest of the top edge is only a pixel or two. So call that another one I'd have to have in hand to feel sure calling it a mistake.

I wish I had the money for either of them.

Steve Birmingham