View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 12:13 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
In a high rise in Times Square. Watched the fires but left before the collapse. Walked from 42nd Street to 180th Street in Washington Heights to try to walk over the GW bridge. Got there about 5 minutes after they closed it to pedestrians. Found out years later that the Port Authority employee in charge of the bridge has same name as me. Odd coincidence. Ended up having lunch in a Dominican restaurant at 11 am and drinking a few Presidente beers. All very surreal to say the least. Walked miles and miles that day but was on adrenalin and utter confusion.
Where in Times Square, Steve? I was at 1515 Broadway on the 46th floor. I walked from my apartment on 34th and 1st over to work and slowly pieced together what had happened as I talked to people. My cell phone was not working as I tried calling my parents...as I was walking all I could see was smoke in the sky coming from the south. Will never forget seeing the TV footage of the planes hitting and then looking out the window while the Towers burned. Remember it all like it was yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk