View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

David, I agree with you completely. I am not doubting the tickets authenticity. I was just comparing it to the tear on all my 1972 stubs, especially where the tear is located. As long as the buyer is happy with it that all that matters. Regardless, it's a sweet ticket stub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
Dewey , straight off the bat I respect your assessment and concern on this ticket and have done business with you and would like to continue doing so ,
for me
the ticket stub tear being even is not unusual to find , I have seen many examples of Tickets where the line is perfectly straight ,
looking on ebay right now there are literally hundreds of clean and straight edge ticket stubs on them ,it is quite possible the ticket excess may have been removed or just torn carefully at the turnstile , also having a trimmed edge on a ticket is only a factor if it is slabbed and a grade is required , if it is Authentic Only , no condition reference is mentioned includes any writing or paper loss , Printing of tickets in the 1970's and earlier was a Letterpress production , that printing process would be hard to replicate with out that now out dated printing method that requires certain types of out dated hard to find equipment , let alone trying to find the pre colored old cover stock to print on , This ticket will not win any best in show
in my opinion I have no doubt its real , and I would pay what ever it was sold for on ebay with out hesitation