View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: E, Daniel

Jim,

I'm thinking you need to do what you've often remarked to others that find a thread not to their liking....just skip to the next.
And though there maybe something you find interesting or important in the original post or some of the follow up, if the answers fall away or don't get to the points you want to hit on - start a new thread with those specifics in mind.
I understand what you're trying to say, but many on the board obviously have bonds and friendships and the side-notes to the discussions add alot to their enjoyment of the site and the hobby. Me too in fact, and if I could just get a little less strident about issues i feel are important (and there are sooo many of them) there might be a few more smiley faces thrown my way
You too, I get the feeling.
And it snowballs. When people like you more and respect you more (Bruce's major problem unfortunately), they tend to take what you have to say or ask more seriously - and respond with more of the specifics in an attempt to help out on the topic. It's kind of like second grade, you have to earn your stripes all over again. I wish I packed better lunches

Regards
Daniel