View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm really bummed about the Yankees trading Rutherford. I think he's going to be a star. I guess it's nice they have control over Kahnle and Robertson for a few more years though.
The Yankees are a much better team now than they were before the trade. The bull pen is stacked & despite Fraziers low batting avg he is still driving in runs and hitting bombs. Dude is just a year removed from a 40 homer/98 RBI season.

I look at it as them fixing a weakness ( I think they keep him at 3rd, which has not been a productive position for the Yankees recently). Sure Rutherford is a highly touted prospect but you had some depth in the outfield.. With Judge & Clint Frazier you have two young studs. Ellsbury & Gardner give you a nice veteran presence and if Hicks comes back healthy you are still stacked in the outfield. Plus the Yanks will probably sign Bryce Harper in a couple years

If my Cardinals were in the same position the Yankees are in right now and they made this trade I would be thrilled with the deal.